Community Councillors

 Efenechtyd Community Council covers Pwllglas and Efenechtyd and the rural part of Llanfwrog. There are 497 people registered to vote in the Community Council area. Community Councils form the part of Local Government that is closest to the people. They are responsible for the most local of matters. Funding is through Council Tax and seven Community Councillors are elected for a period of 4 years after which they may stand for re-election. A part time clerk is employed by the council.

The Council meets at Pwllglas Village Hall  at 7.30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of every other Month ( i.e Jan, March, May, July, Sept and Nov.) Members of the public are welcome to attend, however, permission to speak at a meeting must have been previously sought from the Chairman prior to the meeting. Guest speakers with prior permission can give a ten minute presentation to the Council. Please contact the Clerk to arrange this. The Local County Councillor Mr Eryl Williams usually attends Council meetings as does a representative of North Wales Police when available.

What does the Council do?

The Council aims to improve facilities and services for local people, working closely with Denbighshire County Council. Denbighshire County Council consults the Community Council on all planning applications within the Efenechtyd Council area. The Council is also consulted  about the County Council Local Development Plan, Highway and Rights of Way orders. The Council annually submits to Denbighshire County Council its suggestions for roads which require improvement i.e. resurfacing or provision of drainage etc.  These suggestions are then considered for inclusion in Denbighshire Highways Capital works programme. Any issues that arise during the year with regard to Highways or footpaths etc. are reported to the County Council.

The Council gives financial support to various local organisations and is responsible for the maintenance of the Playing Field at Pwllglas. Any requests from organisations and charities for financial assistance should be made in writing to the Clerk. Other organisations who consult the Council are the Welsh Government, Local Health Board, Boundary Commission and the North Wales Police.

Representatives of the Council attend liaison meetings with County Council representatives and Cluster meetings with other Community Council representatives and County Council members and officers to discuss matters of mutual concern.