Efenechtyd Comunity Council has received the following from PCSO David Jones who is the PCSO responsible for the administration aspect of the ward which Efenechtyd sits within.
North Wales Police website, has a lot of information and guidance.
Criminals use “spoofing” to make it look like you’re being contacted by a trusted organisation, such your bank, to trick you into revealing your personal and financial information.
Avoid clicking on any links in texts and report scam messages by forwarding them to 7726 #TakeFive
The police are receiving a lot of calls from people, some asking what they can and cannot do.
You’ll find all the information you need on the Welsh Government website
It is the time of year where we find heating oil thefts begin to be reported. The temperature is dropping, tanks are likely to have been filled and the nights are getting darker/longer.
To make oil/fuel tanks more resistant to attack, please consider the following crime prevention advice:
- If possible, site the tank so that it is visible from the house and as far away as possible from roads, paths and other public routes.
- Try to ensure that the tank is not visible from the road.
- Install security lighting to protect the area around the tank as most offences take place at night.
- Lock the filler cap with a good quality padlock and protect feed pipes to the house where possible.
- Plant thorny defensive shrubs around your fuel tank, such as holly.
- Check the amount of oil in the tank regularly.
- Be vigilant of any unusual vans or lorries parked close to homes or gardens.
- Always report any evidence of theft, attempted theft or evidence of tampering to the Police.
There is also a bilingual leaflet that will be helpful.
PCSO 3491 David Jones
Ruthin Police Station
Swyddog Cefnogi Cymuned / Community Support Officer
Heddlu Gogledd Cymru / North Wales Police
Ffôn Symudol / Mobile – 07989 159 240
E-bost / E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org